"VLC, cover me!"
This article contains major spoilers! Read upon your own risk, or please watch the videos affiliated with this page before continuing on.
Virabot was a virus that initially served as the main antagonist in The Virus and The Chosen One's Return. Originally discovered in ALANSPC out of nowhere, it was revealed to be an engineered weapon of chaos created and sent by The Dark Lord in Animator vs. Animation Shorts - The Flashback.
ViraBot is a spider-shaped virus that has a dark red body, with a light red outline. The body is oval-shaped, with pincers with a small horn on either side of the pincers. Virabot has two back legs that it stands on and fights with, and also has two front arms that it fights with, and uses it's abilities with.
Animator vs. Animation Shorts
Episode 1: The Virus
The Virabot is discovered in Noogai's computer by Second Coming and Noogai after they finish an animation. Noticing his computer's high CPU temperatures, he discovers an app called Virabot.exe taking up most of the CPU's power. Both The Second Coming and Alan try deleting and eventually breaking open the app, but it releases the true threat inside. The virus quickly destroys Noogai's mouse cursor. When Alan tries to get it back using his keyboard, the search menu gets sliced by ViraBot. With Alan neutralized, ViraBot faces the Fighting Stick Figures and easily defeats them in combat, trapping them in its webbing. As he prepares to kill them, the virus is knocked back by an explosion, revealing a portal and a strange stick figure emerges. Deciding to end the Stick's lives later, Virabot engages the mysterious being in a brutal battle.
Episode 2: The Chosen One's Return
Revealed as The Chosen One, ViraBot engaged him in a highly destructive battle. First, it tries fighting The Chosen One but is outmatched in physical combat. It tries hitting him with its corrosive spines but it is found The Chosen One is immune to its corrosive nature. Knocked back by a flame of fire and wall of lasers, it retreats into the computer's windows and forms a giant version of itself with the computer's broken windows. Initially gaining the upper hand through sheer volume of attacks, The Chosen One forms an aura of power surrounding him and punches the computer's taskbar, purifying anything the Virus has created such as webbing and window pieces. The virus is found in a storage file and The Chosen One begins his final assault. He first punches and kicks the virus with enhanced speed and reflexes, then traps it in a tornado to hold it in places. Soon, the virus is rained upon by lightning, lasers, and fire. With one final punch, The Chosen One destroys the virus and it vanishes into nothing, ending its short-lived destruction.
Episode 3: The Flashback
It is shown in this episode that the Virabot was originally created by The Dark Lord. The Chosen One witnesses a showcase involving The Dark Lord stabbing a globe resting on a table with a spike. Upon contact, the globe and table dissolve into red binary code. The Chosen One then has a vision of the future of spiders that The Dark Lord created to destroy all stick figures and is unnerved. Upon deciding that the spider is finished, The Dark Lord took its egg and loaded it into a gun aimed at a certain computer among others. The Chosen One saw it was Noogai's (ALANSPC) and despite remembering their bitter past, he relented firing it. The Dark Lord, however, wouldn't relent and was eventually tired of his friend's reconsideration. This resulted with the two former friends engaging in a short but vicious duel, ending with The Dark Lord's defeat but the cannon firing. As The Chosen One races after the egg, he is stopped by the firewall while the egg lands in Noogai's computer, setting the scene for the second episode. In the end, the Virabot was defeated.
Episode 4: The Showdown
It is revealed that the Virabot the Chosen One fought was only the first of many, created by the Dark Lord in a plan to insert them into various internet sites and wreck further havoc. When the Dark Lord temporarily knocked the Chosen One unconscious in battle, he equipped a band that gave him control of the viruses and their abilities. They were deployed to defeat the Chosen One and the cursor of Noogai, who tried to help the Chosen One but was overwhelmed. The many viruses assaulted the Chosen One and pinned him still for the Dark Lord to make the killing blow, before being interrupted by the Stick Gang's intervention. They continued to beat the Chosen One while the Dark Lord systematically killed Red, Green Blue and Yellow and mortally wounding the Second Coming. After beating the Chosen One into his surrender and unable to fight them off further, the viruses were order to enter portal leading to the internet and initiate the Dark Lord's plan. They nearly entered but were quickly and suddenly destroyed by a newly empowered Second Coming. His immense power was too great and the virus were all single-handedly destroyed and dissolved into nothing.
ViraBot has many abilities that all come down to being combat-equipped arachnid virus based.
- Corrosive Nature: Virabot's physiology allows it to dissolve anything it comes into contact with. It has been shown being able to destroy thick walls, the weapons of the Second Coming, and even the walls of the Stick's flash game. Its spines also have the same effect. It also managed to destroy Noogai's cursor. However, they cannot affect powerful beings such as The Chosen One.
- Virus: As the name suggests, ViraBot is a virus and is able to affect other systems such as google just by touching.
- Throwing Spines: ViraBot can make small spines used to throw at objects which will spread the same destructive corrosion through whatever it touches. When the throwing ViraBlade hits something, it will dissolve said object. It has been shown throwing them at great speeds and accuracy
- Combat Blade: ViraBot can also create blades on its front arms to use as a melee weapon. ViraBot can make the blade bigger.
- Webbing: ViraBot can produce webbing, firing it out like a ball and sticking whatever it touches to the next surface it touches. This is mostly used to immobilize its enemies. The Sticks cannot break free despite being capable warriors in their own right.
- Enhanced Speed: ViraBot has immense speed. It can dash forward at extremely fast.
- Enhanced Strength and Combat: In combat, Virabot has been shown defeating all 5 Sticks with relative ease. It shows great combat skills and proficiency with its weapons. When fighting The Chosen One, it proved such a great threat, the Chosen One was forced to deploy all his power to defeat it.
- Enhanced Durability: Even without hatching from its Virabot.exe icon, it has been shown surviving direct hits from a hammer struck by The Second Coming. It was temporarily knocked back by a rocket but recovered quickly. It remained unfazed by the assault of kicks and punches from all 5 sticks. It survived the powerful kicks of The Chosen One, was relatively unharmed when its arm was severed off and forced The Chosen One to use all his abilities in a final attempt to kill it.
- Flight: As seen in The Showdown, Virabots can fly without the assist of wings or any other type of flying apparatus.
- Interestingly, the Virabot icon has a spider with 8 legs, but the actual virus only has 4, two fore and two hind.
- The name Virabot is a mixture of two words: "Virus", and "Bot".
- The Chosen One is unaffected by the corrosive nature of the viruses.
- Rather than a mindless killing machine, it seems to have a sort of personality, gleefully sharpening its blade in preparation to kill the restrained Second Coming. That said, it is obedient and slave only to the Dark Lord and controlled by him to do anything he commands.
- Given the immense effort by the Chosen One to kill a single virus, one can only wonder the damage many can do when unleashed.
- The Virus - Animator vs Animation Shorts - Episode 1 by Alan Becker
- The Chosen One's Return - Animator vs. Animation Shorts - Episode 2 by Alan Becker
- The Flashback - Animator vs. Animation Shorts Episode 3 by Alan Becker