- "mission.The_Dark_Lord = destroy(The_Chosen_One) ;"
- ―Lord's task program by noogai3
The Dark Lord (originally The Chosen One's enemy) is the main antagonist of the Animator vs Animation franchise, serving as the secondary antagonist of Animator vs. Animation III and the main antagonist of Animator vs. Animation V/the AvA Shorts. He is a red stick figure created by Alan Becker to defeat The Chosen One and later betrayed Alan Becker at the end of Animator vs. Animation III.
At first, The Dark Lord was created in Flash by Noogai3, then was told to destroy The Chosen One. During the battle, Noogai3 ignored The Dark Lord and left him to fend for himself in his battle with The Chosen One. The Chosen One saw The Dark Lord was abandoned and decided to befriend him. Together, they overthrew his rule over them, formed a blue screen of death and seemingly vanished.
It was later revealed in The Flashback that he escaped with The Chosen One at the last second, opening a portal to the Internet. There, the two began a 7-year reign of terror, destroying websites, games and killing anything or anyone in their path. However, The Chosen One soon became repented of his evil deeds and sought to stop a virus from destroying his creator's computer, learning it was to be launched by The Dark Lord. After being knocked away, The Dark Lord continued his plan to release Virabots into the internet but was stopped and eventually defeated by the combined might of the Chosen One, Alan and the Stick Gang. While his plans have been stopped, it's unknown if he's dead or secretly alive, waiting to return.
- Animator vs. Animation III
- The Flashback - Animator vs. Animation Shorts Episode 3
- The Showdown - Animator vs. Animation Shorts Episode 4
Animator vs. Animation III
While trying to fend off The Chosen One, Noogai3 created The Dark Lord to destroy him. Given the mission to "Destroy(The_Chosen_One)", he was placed in the battle and initially started to overwhelm The Chosen One with his greater abilities and strength. While The Chosen One remained solitary, The Dark Lord sought the support of his newly-formed allies among the computer, including AIM and Firefox. However, their efforts were in vain and soon The Dark Lord and his allies were defeated. Begging for mercy from The Chosen One, he saw that his creator didn't care if he died and continued to play solitaire. Angered by his abandonment, The Dark Lord sided with The Chosen One and destroyed the computer with a singularity, destroying the operating system and initiating a blue screen of death.
The Flashback - Animator vs. Animation Shorts Episode 3
Main article: The Flashback - Animator vs. Animation Shorts Episode 3
It was revealed in a flashback that after the Dark Lord and Chosen One destroyed Alan Becker's computer, they opened a portal that opened to the internet. There, they began a 7-year reign of chaos, destroying websites, games and killing multiple other figures without remorse. However, The Dark Lord caused carnage on the stick figures while The Chosen One repent. The Dark Lord managed to move to the computer of a NASA satellite, in order to visualize the worldwide situation and execute his secret operation. One day, the Dark Lord created a powerful virus, dubbed Virabot, with corrosive blades and loaded it into a cannon, aiming it at Alan Beckers's new computer. Still full of rage and holding his grudge against his creator, The Dark Lord attempted to fire the cannon but was stopped by The Chosen One. Confused, The Dark Lord continued trying to press the trigger button but was stopped and eventually thrown back by The Chosen One. Angered, The Dark Lord set a short but vicious duel against his former friend and though he was defeated, The Dark Lord managed to fire the cannon. He was knocked away and sent hurtling into the distance from a punch from the Chosen One.
The Showdown - Animator vs. Animation Shorts Episode 4
Main articles: The Showdown - Animator vs. Animation Shorts Episode 4
After being knocked away by the Chosen One from his home/base, he returned and continued with his plan to release Virabots into major internet sites. Upon being discovered to still be alive, he fought back against the Chosen One and began to overpower him, despite initially being overwhelmed and going on the defensive. After knocking the Chosen One down temporarily, he returned to his base of operations, attached a band that gave him the power and control of his viruses and released them in a final attempt to kill the Chosen One. Before he could kill him, Noogai's cursor appeared in their world, aided by Yellow, and was forced to fight the combined might of Noogai's/Alan Becker's cursor and the Chosen One working together. With his viruses and his own corrosive blades, he manages to dissolve and destroy the cursor after a fierce battle. Overwhelming and pinning the Chosen One down, he was about to strike the final blow when The Second Coming and the Stick Gang appeared. Unimpressed by their weaker strength, he sadistically killed Red, followed by Green, Blue and Yellow, dissolving them into nothing. When it came to the Second Coming, he was surprised by his greater strength but, nonetheless, he rapidly slashed him and threw his body into a cliffside before stabbing him simultaneously with his blades. Satisfied, he sent his Virabots into portals leading to the internet when they were suddenly destroyed. The Second Coming, with awakened powers, manages to destroy all his Virabots before engaging the Dark Lord in a final duel. Unable to fend off the Second Coming's new abilities, the Dark Lord was blasted away into a mountainside by the Second Coming's powerful laser vision, completely engulfed in a massive explosion.
Powers and Abilities
- Superhuman Abilities: The Dark Lord has the strength, durability, stamina, speed and agility of a superhuman, these abilities were similarly equal to the Chosen Ones. However, he manages to gain the power of the viruses he created using a special set of bands on his wrist, which gave him greater strength, as he effortlessly overpowered and overwhelmed the Chosen One, Alan's cursor and the Stick Gang. His speed is similarly heightened as he was able to catch the Chosen One off guard countless times.
- Energy Manipulation: With supernatural abilities, he can create spheres of destructive energy as a signature attack.
- Control over Virabots: With the help of the wrist band he created, he has total control over Virabots and can command them to do anything he wishes.
- Creation and Manipulation of corrosive : With the help of the wrist band, he can create corrosive weapons, such as spines, spikes and blades, all of which he used against the Chosen One.
- Flight: Just like the Chosen One, the Dark Lord can fly by igniting his fist for propulsion or by manipulating his gravity to move quickly. However, once he equipped the wrist band, he no longer needed assistance and can fly without having to ignite his fist.
- Immense Intelligence: He can play Minesweeper and show his great capabilities of fighting. He also created the Virabots and a wrist band to help control them and enhance his power.
Upon his creation, The Dark Lord was a single-minded but intelligent entity, only created to destroy The Chosen One. He showed great perseverance and skill during their battles and was friendly to his allies. The Dark Lord was crafty and refused to back down in his fights, showing he wouldn't stop until what he wanted was done. However, upon his defeat at the hands of his opponent, he cowered in fear and begged not to be killed by the more powerful being. He then saw that Noogai3 was ignoring him, treating him like another stick figure and expendable. Pushed further by The Chosen One, he seethed with rage, allying and befriending The Chosen One and destroying his creator's computer.
After his abandonment and joining The Chosen One, The Dark Lord went from the hero of the day to one of the most dangerous and violent beings ever seen. He mercilessly killed and destroyed websites and games without a second thought. He lit up with excitement when his Virabot was complete and was about to be launched at ALANSPC. It is shown he still shows anger at even 7 years later and even fought his friend who was against having their creator suffer again. The Dark Lord was also far more sadistic and sinister than the Chosen One, as he revelled in his killing of the Stick Gang and defeating the Chosen One in battle.
- Initially, the Dark Lord was the second most powerful character in the Animator vs. Animation series (Or third if counting the Kickstarter Video Stickfigure). Enhanced with his new powers, he was able to best the Chosen One in battle but was defeated himself by the awakened Second Coming.
- The Dark Lord was initially an anti-hero in his first appearance, before becoming a secondary antagonist after his betrayal of his creator. He becomes the hidden main antagonist before being revealed in Episode 3 and showcased in Episode 4.
- He is also the first secondary antagonist in Animator vs. Animation series, despite the fact that his adversary role is not too significant in the entire animation, he has an obvious grudge towards Alan Becker after his betrayal.
- Alan said that he's still deciding if the Dark Lord is alive or not.
- Animator vs. Animation III by Alan Becker
- The Flashback - Animator vs. Animation Shorts Episode 3 by Alan Becker
- The Showdown - Animator vs. Animation Shorts Episode 4 by Alan Becker