|Animation vs Minecraft|
|Season 1, Episode 5|
|Air date||December 15th, 2015|
|Written by||Alan Becker|
|Directed by||Alan Becker|
Animator vs. Animation 4
Animation vs. YouTube
At the beginning of the episode, The Second Coming steps on the Minecraft logo when a HUD appears above his head. He then proceeds to take the block from the taskbar, test out Creative mode, and then builds himself a house.
The block is subsequently passed between Green he Fighting Stick Figures, who perform increasingly audacious feats. makes a windmill (which is animated), Blue lays down plants and trees to make a farm, and Yellow creates a beacon tower with colored lenses. But the fun ends when Red is seemingly possessed, beats up the other stick figures, and disappears with the Creative block.
The Second Coming disassembles Green's windmill and Yellow's beacon tower to craft tools, armor, and weapons. Setting out in search of Red, they find themselves pitted against zombies, skeletons, and creepers. Once, Blue uses a dispenser to shoot arrows back at a giant mob of skeletons, but a creeper sneaks behind them and blows up, sending arrows everywhere. Later, a second creeper explosion reveals a wall of netherrack behind the desktop wallpaper, and the stick figures dig a tunnel through it to investigate.
The group emerges in the Nether, where they find more mobs and feast on apples to regain their strength. They then discover Red, who, to counter his friends' trynig to get the block, shoots cobblestone at them. However, Green manages to get to Red, who is revealed to have been possessed by Herobrine. Red then builds himself a giant cobblestone stick figure mech, which then turns to obsidian when his friends start mining him down.
The Second Coming watches in horror as Red beats his friends down to half a heart before managing to break the giant's back. Unfortunately, Red rebuilds himself and beats The Second Coming down to half a heart as the latter lapses into memories of his old friend. Before Red can finish any of them, the sticks beat a hasty retreat back to the desktop. Undeterred, Red tunnels after them. The stick figures try and get their weapons out, but it turns out that they are all broken. The Second Coming throws down his broken diamond sword and equips a bunch of sticks. He then makes Green equip his fishing rod, Blue's spruce saplings, and Yellow's (again) fishing rod. Red comes through with his monster stick figure, but the stick figures have all disappeared.
Green and Yellow then appear and tether down the stick figure with their fishing rods. The Second Coming then crafts a cart track and a mine cart under Red's foot, who then slips and falls as Blue sprouts two spruce trees under the giant stick figure, breaking it apart. A fight for the block ensues, which ends with The Second Coming throwing it into the Recycle Bin, which in turn restores the desktop to normal.
In the recuperation, Herobrine is expunged from Red and subsequently dies. Red recovers as his friends surround him. Anticipating a heavy beatdown, he is surprised when his friends embrace him with a hug. The group starts to head off until Yellow stumbles upon the League of Legends logo. He takes hold of it, and a (League of Legends) HUD appears over his head, attracting the attention of his friends...
- Creepers (first appearance)
- Zombies (first appearance)
- Skeletons (first appearance)
- According to the calendar on the desktop, the events of this installment took place on December 15th, 2015.
- Edited stock footage from Animator vs Animation 4 is used, as well as an edited reused scene from this installment when The Second Coming lapses into memories of Red.
- This is the first installment where Adobe Flash is not involved in the plot in any way (although its logo can be seen).
- It is also the second installment not to feature Noogai3 after Animator vs Animation.
- Alan Becker initially claimed that he had no plans to create an Animation vs. League of Legends installment, despite the implications of the ending. While he eventually went back on this, the Animation vs. League of Legends that came to be didn't directly pick up from where this one ended.
- All sounds from Animator vs Animation 4 are reused in this installment.
- Excluding the edited stock footage from Animator vs Animation 4, this is, to date, the only Animator or Animation vs video in which Becker himself is not featured even by a computer mouse.
- The Required Essay from Animator vs. Animation and Animator vs. Animation 2 is shown in the stuff folder in the storage folder. There is also a backup variant of the same essay.
- This is the last video to take place on Windows 7.
- The League of Legends HUD is actually Garen's HUD, just re-edited.
- When The Second Coming hits the oak wood into the cobblestone 4 times, it will give 4 wooden planks, again, he has 3 planks instead.