|Animation vs Minecraft|
|Season 1, Episode 5|
|Air date||December 15th, 2015|
|Written by||Alan Becker|
|Directed by||Alan Becker|
Animator vs. Animation 4
Animation vs. YouTube
At the beginning of the episode, The Second Coming steps on the Minecraft logo when a HUD appears above his head. He then proceeds to grab the block and make himself a nice house.
The block is subsequently passed between the Fighting Stick Figures, who perform increasingly audacious feats. Green makes a windmill (which actually moves), Blue lays down plants and trees, Yellow creates a beacon tower with colored lenses. But the fun ends when Red beats up everyone else and disappears with the block.
The Second Coming starts to assemble their creations to craft tools, armor, and weapons. Setting out in search of Red, they find themselves pitted against zombies, skeletons, and creepers. During the battle, an explosion reveals a layer of netherrack behind the desktop wallpaper, and the sticks dig a tunnel through it to investigate.
The group emerges in the Nether, where they find more mobs and feast on apples to regain their strength. They then discover Red, who uses cobblestone to counter his friends' advances. However, Green manages to get to Red, who is revealed to have been possessed by Herobrine. Red then builds himself into a giant cobblestone stick figure, which then turns to obsidian when his friends start mining him down.
The Second Coming watches in horror as Red beats his friends down to half a heart before managing to break the giant's back. Unfortunately, Red rebuilds himself and beats the Second Coming down to half a heart as the latter lapses into memories of his old friend. Before Red can finish any of them, the sticks beat a heated retreat back to the desktop. Undeterred, Red tunnels after them. However, he may have stopped as the stick figures took a long time to do a pose and get into their respective corners.
The sticks fall into panic as they discover that everything they've crafted has been broken, but the Second Coming comes up with a plan using the tools they have remaining. By the time Red gets his monster stick onto the desktop, the others have disappeared.
Green and Yellow then appear and tether down the stick figure with fishing rod. The Second Coming then crafts a cart track and a mine cart under Red, who then slips and falls as Blue sprouts a Jungle tree under the giant stick, breaking it apart. A fight for the block ensues, which ends with the Second Coming throwing it into the Recycle Bin, which in turn restores the desktop to normal. It makes the desktop normal and easy.
In the recuperation, Herobrine is expunged from Red and subsequently dies. Red recovers as his friends surround him. Anticipating a heavy beatdown, he is surprised when his friends embrace him with a hug. The group starts to head off until Yellow stumbles upon the League of Legends logo. He takes hold of the artifact, and a (League of Legends) HUD appears over his head, attracting the attention of his friends...
- Creepers (first appearance)
- Zombies (first appearance)
- Skeletons (first appearance)
- According to the calendar on the desktop, the events of this installment took place on December 15th, 2015.
- Edited stock footage from Animator vs Animation 4 is used, as well as an edited reused scene from this installment when The Second Coming lapses into memories of Red.
- This is the first installment where Adobe Flash is not involved in the plot in any way (although its logo can be seen).
- It is also the second installment not to feature Noogai3 after Animator vs Animation.
- Alan Becker has confirmed that he has plans to create an Animation vs. League of Legends installment.
- All sounds from Animator vs Animation 4 are reused in this installment.
- Excluding the edited stock footage from Animator vs Animation 4, this is, to date, the only Animator or Animation vs video in which Becker himself is not featured even by a computer mouse.
- The Required Essay from Animator vs. Animation and Animator vs. Animation 2 is shown in the stuff folder in the storage folder. There is also a backup variant of the same essay.
- This is the last video to take place on Windows 7.
- The League of Legends HUD is actually Garen's HUD, just re-edited.